Header Picture

Header Picture

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Knitting Notes

Ok, let's try this again.    Here's Hermoine Hearts Ron, take 2.    Well, maybe three.   There were two versions in the old yarn, but I suppose those were 1.0 and 1.5.   

Oddly enough, I had cast on the original version in the correct needle size, or so I thought, because I swear I used size 2 16-inch circs.     Except I could not find them when I went back to my needle bag for a second go.    I thought maybe I'd managed the next size up, but when I tried with this yarn, I couldn't join the circle.     Very strange.

This is Classic Elite MountainTop Vista, in the Wolf colorway.    (The entire line is natural, undyed wool.)     When I found this at the story (at a really great sale, so I have two other colorways as well), it looked the same size as the Cascade 220 Sport I almost bought, so I assume it was sport weight as well, but it's categorized as worsted on Ravelry.    (I had no reception in Center Harbor, so I couldn't check there.    Believe me, I tried.)     So hopefully that doesn't end up being a bad thing.

No comments: