Saturday, November 23, 2013
I've got two projects going at the moment. The above is Woolly Wormhead's Brownie Hat, which will complete my trifecta of hats for my older brother's family. It's a fun pattern so far. The brim is knit flat, and grafted together at the end, and I picked up the stitches for the crown last night.
I'm using what is hopefully the last of the Classic Elite Renaissance yarn of any real size. It'll be down to pieces when this is done.
I've made one modification already - a provisional cast on. I'm probably going to be lazy and do the three needle cast off when I get to that, but I think that'll still look better than mattress stitch. Not that I expect to get to the end of this any time soon. There's lots of stockinette, and lots of nearly lace weight yarn.