With the extremely steamy first day of summer upon us, I can safely say I've finished this year's reading for the Once Upon a Time Challenge.
I did challenge the first, which was to read at least five books in the challenge categories (fantasy, folklore, fairy tales and mythology). Due to a fair number of young adult books, and because I actually only read books that fit the challenge criteria during the challenge (first year I've managed that), I read fifteen books this year.
By category, they are:
- The Curse of Chalion - Lois McMaster Bujold - finished 6/17/12
- Charmed Destinies - Mercedes Lackey, Rachel Lee & Catherine Asaro - finished 6/10/12
- The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms - N. K. Jemisin - finished 6/8/12
- Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen - finished 5/31/12
- The Black Unicorn - Tanith Lee - finished 5/12/12
- Alphabet of Thorn - Paticia A. McKillip - finished 5/1/12
- The Ill-Made Mute - Cecilia Dart-Thornton - finished 4/7/12
- The Rose and the Beast - Francesca Lia Black - finished 5/17/12
- Fairest - Gail Carson Levine - finished 5/10/12
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard - J.K. Rowling - finished 5/8/12
- Wicked Lovely - Melissa Marr - finished 4/27/12
- Snow White and Rose Red - Patricia C. Wrede - finished 4/24/12
Mixed (Bit of Fairy Tale, Folklore and Mythology)
- Daughter of the Forest - Juliet Marillier - finished 3/31/12
All in all, it was a lot of fun, and I look forward to next year.