Sunday, December 25, 2011
I've cast on my next project, a shawl for me! I'm making Susan Pandorf's Galadriel's Mirror, using Berroco's Ultra Alpaca Fine, in a lovely dark blue colorway.
The yarn ended up being a bit of an adventure. I started to wind it Friday night. The first skein went beautifully. The second skein - well, I can only assume that something burped when it was initially being skeined, because I swear there was a section that ran in the opposite direction than the rest of it. So, I ended up having to take it off the swift, and as expected, a rat's nest quickly ensued.
It took me all of the rest of Friday evening, and until about 3:00 yesterday to get that worked out. I only did end up cutting it once, which was a minor miracle. At least it's done now, and I'm cast on and firmly into chart A. So far, so good.