Somehow, it's going to be summer tomorrow. I'm not sure how this managed to happen, but it has, so that means the Once Upon a Time V challenge is over.
This year, I did Challenge the First again, which is to read at least five books in any of the challenge categories: fantasy, fairy tale, folklore, and mythology. Assisted by an airplane flight in April, I did pretty good for myself this year. I read:
- Swordspoint - Ellen Kushner - finished 5/27/11
- Elf Magic - ed. Martin Greenberg - finished 5/5/11
- Moonlight & Vines - Charles de Lint - finished 4/26/11
- Orphans of Chaos - John C. Wright - finished 4/24/11
- The Third Magic - Molly Cochran - finished 4/22/11
- Firebird - Mercedes Lackey - finished 4/17/11
- Tempest Rising - Nicole Peeler - finished 4/14/11
- The Chronicles of Chrestomanci, Volume II - Diana Wynne Jones - finished 4/10/11
- The Bell at Sealey Head - Patricia A. McKillip - finished 4/3/11
- Soul Hunt - Margaret Ronald - finished 4/1/11
- The Tourmaline - Paul Park - finished 3/31/11
All and all, it was a lovely cruise through my favorite genres, and I can't wait to do it again next year.