Sunday, January 30, 2011
I've been a bit behind in my knitting posting.
My brother's hat is technically done, except that it's a little bit lopsided, and I'm not entirely sure it'll be big enough. So, I've asked him to come over at some point so he can try it on, and I'll redo as appropriate. I have plenty of yarn, so I may just make another one entirely.
In the meantime, I've cast on Genmaicha mitts by Kirsten Kapur, using Sundara sock yarn in the Evergreen over Lime colorway. These are going to be a present for an as yet unnamed party. As you can see, they're a quick knit - I already have one done.
I've also cast on the Seahorses Nachaq, by Lisa Akers. I'm using my Sanguine Gryphon Bugga yarn in the Cowkiller colorway (it's named after a really nicely colored bug), and this will be for me. I've already had to rip it out once, because I completely mucked up the pattern, but I've straightened myself out, and the above is my second attempt.