As of last night, I've finished the 2010 Complete Booker Challenge.
I decided to read six books that were long-listed for the prize. I started with a list of eight, and read the following:
- Havoc, in Its Third Year - Ronan Bennett - finished 12/12/10
- Black Swan Green - David Mitchell - finished 4/17/10
- The Stone Carvers - Jane Urquhart - finished 12/21/2010
- How to Be Good - Nick Hornby - finished 3/6/10
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - Mark Haddon - finished 11/24/10
- The Welsh Girl - Peter Ho Davies - finished 7/27/10
Of the books I was able to finish, I'm glad I read them. Many were outside of what I normally seek out to read, and it was nice to get a bit outside of my comfort zone.