Saturday, November 13, 2010
Pattern: Merletto Mitts by Jody Schofield
Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug in the Jay colorway
Needles: size 2 DPNs
I finished the Merletto mitts for my mother with absolutely no yarn to spare. As I was getting to the end of the hand, I was starting to get really nervous, as my yarn ball was rapidly shrinking, but I managed to get through the actual hand pattern with enough yarn. I did however, have to go back and unravel the thumb in the first mitt and only do five rows of ribbing instead of the five rows of stockinette plus five rows of ribbing. That gave me just enough yarn to squeak through the other thumb. And, I think I actually these thumbs better than the pattern gusset. I wasn't very happy with that gusset, for reasons I can't quite put my thumb on (pun only partially intended).