Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Pattern: Maude Louise by Kristin Hanley Cardozo
Yarn: Classic Elite Renaissance
Needles: Sizes 5, 6 and 10 (Up two sizes to get gauge)
I've decided to consider my Maude Louise done. Decided because I'm having a bit of an issue with the button band. I did the picot band option, which ended up slightly slanted, and you may be able to tell from the picture, but I cannot get the two sides of the criss-cross panel to line up, and I've repositioned the buttons twice. Excepting that, it's actually a pretty well fitting sweater, so I don't consider it a failure. The sleeves are actually long enough (a rarity for me in anything store bought - I apparently have freakishly long arms compared to the general populace), so I'm hoping it will make a very comfortable house sweater.
The main modification I made to the pattern was the leave out the seed stitch on the top of the two front sides. I just wasn't feeling the seed stitch when I got to that point, and am much happier with how the stockinette turned out.
If I ever made this again, I would do the other button band. I don't think it would get out of synch like this one did, and would hopefully line up better. I actually reserve the right to go back and maybe do the other option with this one, but I'm really not in the mood right now. I do have plenty of yarn left, so it is an option.
I really liked this yarn. It's quite pleasantly soft, even though it's not superwash. So it will require a bit of special care, but I think it's worth it.