Header Picture

Header Picture

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

RIP V Reading Challenge 9/1/10 - 10/31/10

Hard to believe it's that time of year again (really, it's 90+ degrees outside. It's really hard to believe it's that time of year again), but it's time for the RIP V Reading Challenge.

I will be doing Peril the First, which is to read at least four books that could in some way be seen as scary. I've been doing a bit of stock-piling for the challenge (easy to do with the TBR tote of shame), and in the house alone, I have the following waiting to be read:

Storm Front - Jim Butcher
The Gargoyle - Andrew Davidson
The Book of Air and Shadows - Michael Gruber
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Seth Grahame-Smith

I also have several other books I'd like to read waiting at the head of my Booksfree queue, so it's all open, and we'll see what I end up reading in the next two months. Yay Fall! (A sentiment I'm not sure I can fully get behind unless the temperatures drop at least 20 degrees in the near future...)

9 comments:

ibeeeg said...

90+ degree weather...wow! Thankfully it is not that warm here, and I am starting to feel a bit of fall in the air even though it is still warm.
I love the Fall!

I read Storm Front and really liked the book. It has a certain flow to it. I really ought to read the next book in the series.

Hmmm... Abe Lincoln a vampire hunter? That must be something, and I am curious. I hope you like the read.

Have fun reading!

Carl V. said...

The 100+ heat index today made it hard for me to pretend that fall is on the way, so I can empathize! It is supposed to be much cooler this weekend. I hope it is true.

Great to have you in on the challenge, thanks for signing up.

Jenn said...

Egads! It's really that time already?! Remind me to do this when I am not about to go to bed ;)

Megan said...

The Abe Lincoln book is by the same guy that did Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. So it should be good, fluffy fun. :)

Megan said...

Ok, Jenn. It's time to get up and sign up for the challenge ;)

Jenn said...

Hehe, thanks! :) I'm working on list as we speak - InfoPoint is being strangely quiet and cooperative about this....

Megan said...

That's actually extremely considerate of Infopoint :)

Kate said...

I've been curious about Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Slayer since a blip was on Fresh Air about it. I'll look forward to your review. Happy reading!

Kailana said...

I know. When he announced this challenge we were having a heat wave that was hotter than anytime during the rest of the summer! It is starting to be a bit more fall-like at the moment, though. Enjoy your books!