Header Picture

Header Picture

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

CSA 2010 Week 8


This week's haul was a bounty indeed, though I only realized when I got home that this was the first week we didn't have any lettuce. Granted, with the heat, that must be bolting like crazy right now, so I'll look forward to its return with the cooler weather.

We received: cucumbers, cabbage, radishes, pattypan squash, tomatoes, new potatoes, Swiss chard, parsley, and the loveliest looking baby carrots I've seen in a long while. I'm not sure what I'll be making yet with this, but I know it'll be delicious.

Nothing new to report from last week, except that I can confirm that roasted eggplant, pureed with chickpeas and garlic, makes a lovely bruschetta spread.

And, since we're on the subject of cooking, I need to indulge in a minor magazine rant. I subscribed to Cooking Light for many years (at least five), but finally let my subscription lapse this spring after having no interest in their recipes for at least a year. So, when flipping through the August issue at Borders this week, I found two recipes I wanted to try, and they were both damn good! I hate it when that happens. I'm quite sure I wouldn't have found any of interest in the rest of the year's magazines, but naturally the first one I look at post subscription lapse seems worthwhile...

No comments: