Header Picture

Header Picture

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Knitting Notes



Pattern: Lilac Socks by Jeanie Townsend
Yarn: Knitpicks Stroll in the Dusk Colorway
Needles: Size 2 DPNs

My second pair of March Sockdown socks are done! Unfortunately, these socks suffered in comparison to the other socks I did for March, both patternwise and yarnwise. I actually feel a little bad about that, because this is a good pattern, with a nice, longer pattern repeat, and good variation. As for the yarn, I suspect this yarn will wear much better, with less careful care, than the lovely silk stuff I used for my other March socks, so hopefully, I'll be getting enjoyment out of these for a long while to come.

I've decided to take a break from the April Sockdown challenge. I have a number of patterns to choose from, but I've decided I need to make the rest of April "Clean out Megan's knitting basket" month instead. I have the Haruaha scarf, which is pretty close to done, two hats worth of yarn, and the nearly completed Cable Swing Cardi to decide what to do with. I think the first priority will be the scarf, followed by the sweater. If nothing else, I need to decide if I'm brave enough to frog it back and try for some size modifications, or if I'm better off frogging it completely, and starting something new.

No comments: