Header Picture

Header Picture

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Knitting Notes

My blog entries for February are rather bare. It's an unfortunate side effect of this month. It's too cold to go out much, so I don't have many pictures to post, and I've been on a bit of a book slump this month as well.

I've done next to no knitting updates because I've been rather single-mindedly focusing on the Cabled Swing Cardi, even though this month's Sockdown designer was Yarnissima, and I actually have several different designs of hers I'd like to do. This does mean that I might actually finish a sweater in a season where I can wear it, so that at least is exciting. At this point, I've done the back, both side of the front, and am nearly done with sleeve #1. The sleeves move pretty fast, so I may have this finished sooner rather than later.

I do have intentions of participating in March's Sockdown challenge. The theme of the month is lace, so I have a pattern picked out for that, and I may also try the mystery sock. We'll see how far I get on those, considering I also have the Haruha scarf to finish up, and I frogged the Star Crossed Beret (I just knew I would never wear it, and I like that yarn too much to waste it), and have another pattern picked out to reuse that. I definitely have the potential to be very busy knitting the near future.

2 comments:

Jenny Girl said...

Cabled swing cardi sounds appealing to me. I know I've heard of the name before. I'll have to check Ravelry. I just finished a baby blanket so I'm eager for something new, although I do have a sweater to finish :)

Megan said...

It's in the Knitter's Book of Yarn, which is well worth checking out if you haven't already. One of the few knitting books I can say I've actually read cover to cover.