Thursday, February 11, 2010
Pattern: Star Crossed Slouchy Beret by Natalie Larson
Yarn: Canopy Worsted in the Yerba Mate colorway
Needles: 10 and 11 circs
I finally recovered from my epic knitting fail and unraveled by original, far too small, nearly completed effort last week, and started again using the correct sized needles. The hat now fits, though now that I've made it, I'm not sure I like the style, which is a shame, because the hat came out quite nicely. I really enjoy working with this yarn, and would happily do so again. (In fact, I have some Canopy Fingering waiting in the wings to make yet another hat. We'll see how long it takes me to cast that on.)
I've also been plugging alone on the Cabled Swing Cardi. I've finished the front cable panel, and am almost completely done with the back. Stockinette hell hasn't been nearly as bad as I feared. I did have an evening where I thought moss stitch would be the death of me, but I figured out where I went wrong, and have flown through the rest of the moss stitch. I've been enjoying working on this sweater, enough that I may actually manage to finish it in a season where I can actually wear it. That would be exciting indeed if I could pull it off.