Header Picture

Header Picture

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Knitting Notes


I went on a bit of a yarn winding spree on Sunday night (a good activity to do after a long day of driving). All this was with the intent of starting the following projects:


For May Sockdown #1, I cast on the Eunice socks from the new Cookie A book, out of my brand new Malabrigo, in the abril colorway. I was actually a fair way along in the ribbing, but had to do the requisite frog so I could go up a needle size, so the above is after I recast on.


For May Sockdown #2, I decided to bite the bullet and do the mystery sock, Kiila by Yarnissima. This will be my first toe up sock, and started out with the minor adventure of managing the cast on. I only had to do that twice, and now seem to be on my way, so here's hoping this continues to be smooth sailing. I'm doing this in Three Irish Girls Adorn Sock, in the Baltic Sea colorway.

And, last but not least, I started swatching for a February Lady Sweater in my Fibre Company Knightsbridge, in Burgundy. So far, I know I need to go up a needle size. I now just need to decide what size to make, and read up in the Ravelry KAL to see if there are any good tips before I start, and then I'll be good to go. Who knows. I may actually make this one in time for it to be warm enough for me to wear it. Here's hoping, at least.

No comments: