Saturday, October 4, 2008
My Maelstrom socks are done! I'd really wanted to finish them entirely in the month of September (I know it's not a challenge rule, but I have so much other stuff I want to make it seemed like a good idea), but I didn't manage it. So, I went on a bit of a bender over the last few nights, and this morning, and managed to get them done.
In hindsight, I probably should have gone with a lighter color yarn, as a bit of the pattern definition is lost with this yarn (Trekking Hand Art), but I really like the varied blues, and the pattern is pretty cool. So I may be making it again at some point.
The pattern itself is much easier than I initially thought (frankly, feared), which gives me great hope for her Pomatomus socks. I'd previously been a little afraid of those, but I'm thinking they're probably not as bad as I'd feared.
Next in line is to finish up the back of the Brocade Leaves sweater. I'm actually up past the bottom of the armholes now, so only have around three more leaf rows to go. I should be able to make short work of it now that these socks are done.
I have picked out my October Sockdown pattern and yarn already, but I want to get through a few things first before I get those started, so I'm giving myself permission to start those a bit later in the month than I'd really like to.