Header Picture

Header Picture

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Twilight - Stephenie Meyer

Read for the RIP III and YA 2008 Reading Challenges.

I finally succumbed to all the hype and read Twilight. Per usual with this kind of book, I approached it with a great deal of trepidation, and was rather pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

I can’t say this is the best romance I’ve ever read, but it had a certain honesty about it I could appreciate. (I didn’t once have the same wanting to reach through the pages and throttle the female protagonist reaction I had to Blood and Chocolate.) For the most part, Bella’s relationship and experiences with the world with genuine, and while I didn’t have too much of a problem putting the book down, I also really looked forward to when I could pick it up again.

I also liked the unique version of vampirism that Meyer brought into the story. I still don’t get entirely why the heck Edward decided he needed Bella as much as he seems to, but I was actually ok with not getting that.

So, I’ll never be a rabid fan girl, but I did go ahead and put the rest of the books into my Paperspine queue.

2 comments:

Framed said...

I was hooked while I read the book, but that was several months ago. Now I look back on it as a fun reading experience with some great characters. Twilight was my favorite. I'm sure I'll see the movie but I wonder if I will like it.

Megan said...

I'm definitely curious about the movie. I like the actor they chose to play Edward, but I wonder if they were doomed to failure at the start with the casting of the vampires, the way Meyer wrote them.

I'm not sure if I'll see the movie in the theater, but I would like to see it.