Header Picture

Header Picture

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Movies

Had another two movie week this week.

It started on Thursday with Hellboy II, which is probably best described by the word charming. Not that I thought I'd be able to apply that word to this kind of movie, but then, I also didn't think I'd get a Barry Manilow earworm out of it either. I say it's charming because it came across as a nice little family and friendship tale with really cool monsters thrown into the mix. I really enjoyed it, and would definitely see it again.

The other movie we saw last night was The Dark Knight, of which I can only say: Wow. The story was great, and threw in a number of twists I didn't see coming (and some I totally did, but I was clearly in a minority of people that have followed the story in the past, based on theater reactions). Heath Ledger's performance was completely amazing, and he better be nominated for an Oscar. I really loved the little side trip to Hong Kong, and loved, loved the way they dressed Maggie Gyllenhaal (if only I were that willowy...). Just an amazing movie. I'd go see that one again in the theater, even.

No comments: