Header Picture

Header Picture

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Knitting Notes


IMG_4136a
Originally uploaded by leabhran
Monkey sock #1 is done, and fits on a human foot! (And I've discovered blog posting from Flickr ;) This after I may have fudged the toe decreases slightly because I wasn't paying attention. Not that it was bad enough to have to do over. I just made notes to make sure I do the same thing with the second sock.

I think I'm starting to understand second sock syndrome. Though it's so much that I don't want to do the second sock, it's that I have three or four other things I want to do too, and no time to do them all. Oh well. I'll get around to them eventually. I do have to get these socks, and the fetching mitts done before I'll allow myself to start my sweater. I don't think I'll get anything done if I don't set some limits now.

2 comments:

Dewey said...

I haven't quite gained the skill of making socks, but I'm trying to learn! I have to say, though, that I don't really understand second sock syndrome, because I would be so excited seeing the finished sock that I would want to wear them right away, so I think I'd zip through that second sock. Mere speculation, though!

Megan said...

Yeah, that's been my experience so far too. I like seeing the whole pair done. I think my current second sock syndrome is more a case of over stimulation of other projects than actual apathy toward the sock, so I'm not sure if that's "regular" second sock syndrome :)