Header Picture

Header Picture

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Knitting Notes


I have achieved finished armholes! The lovely red thread is marking the button hole placement, and I'm about half way through the front edge (placket? what is the technical term for that whole section?) Hurray!

I'm now desperately searching for something new to make, as I promised myself I wouldn't buy more yarn unless I had something to do with it (because lord knows I don't need to set up a dueling cache to my fabric cache), and I only have one class left, and therefore only one more opportunity to use my class discount. I think I've settled on a lace scarf that doesn't look too difficult, but is still a step up from the above vest. I just wish I'd found something other than a scarf. Maybe I need to try looking at more hat patterns. I love winter hats. I could go for a whole collection of them. (This train of thought really doesn't bode well for the state of my quilt UFO drawer...)

On the subject of quilt UFOs, I'm kicking around the idea of making one of my art quilt ideas as a Christmas present for the various parental figures on my life (divorced parents on top of quasi-in-laws). I think I have enough fabric to actually pull off my sunset quilt idea. I just need to get off my butt and cut out some strips and start playing around with the colors. I really need to block off some time on a Saturday and just do it. I get the feeling that once I start, it'll go pretty quickly.

No comments: